[rrd-users] differences in graphs

Sérgio Lopes sergiol at ipp.pt
Mon Sep 26 12:32:17 MEST 2005

Hi,
I've been building some stats of our wifi usage. The rrds were all
created using DS:GAUGE and RRA:LAST.
The problem is that I see some discrepancies between the graph that
shows all accesses since the beginning of the logging and the graphs
that refer only to a given interval (either a month, a trimester, etc).
You can see that for yourselves here (each row represents a kind of
statistic and each column represents a different sample interval):

http://www.core.ipp.pt/stats/rrd/isep.ipp.pt/images/

Looking at those images, it seems clear to me that there's a big
difference in the graphs generated for the month of April, for instance,
and the part referring to April in the  first graph. Remember that in
each row, the rrd is the same.. The only difference is the interval.

Is this normal? Is there some interpolation (or something similar)
happening here?

Thanks,
--

  Sérgio Lopes

*CORE-IPP*
Rua Dr. António Bernardino de Almeida, 537
4200 - 072 Porto
Telef: +351 22 830 25 55
Fax: +351 22 830 25 56
E-mail: sergiol at ipp.pt <mailto:sergiol at ipp.pt>