[rrd-users] Re: differences in graphs

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Mon Sep 26 13:18:40 MEST 2005

On Mon, Sep 26, 2005 at 11:32:17AM +0100, Sérgio Lopes wrote:

> I've been building some stats of our wifi usage. The rrds were all
> created using DS:GAUGE and RRA:LAST.

For how consolidation and such work, see
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/process.php

An example:
(these time ranges may not be the same as yours but that doesn't
 matter; it is the principle that's important here)

RRA 5 minutes per row:    1 3 123 10 0 5 7 2 9 2 10 0
RRA 20 minutes per row        10        2       0
RRA 60 minutes per row                  0

In this example you get zero because you asked RRDtool to do that.
Your problem seems to be that you think you should get other values?

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/