[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool graph slow on some columns

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Mon Sep 26 22:44:31 MEST 2005

Hi Christian,

I did some runtime analysis of the code and the difference between
the two versions comes from the extra time libart spends in the
art_svp_render_aa_iter_step and art_svp_intersector routines. My
guess is that this happens because in the first example renders the
horyzontal line right on a 'pixel' whereas the second example does
render it between two pixles ... so what you get is the best and
the worst case rendering compared ... you get a similar effect when
you modify the first example to draw a LINE1.5 ... not as extreem
but in the same direction ...

I'm afraid there is not much I can do about this just now ... but I
plan to move to cairo for the 1.3 series and I hope that the cairo
library will have better performance than libart ...

cheers
tobi

--
/_  __/_  / /  (_) Oetiker @ ISG.EE, ETL F24.2, ETH, CH-8092 Zurich