[rrd-users] Re: Read the docs [WAS: Possible RRDs.pm Bug]

Tom Daly tom at dyndns.com
Fri Sep 30 14:50:25 MEST 2005

>>      This is the same as PRINT, but printed inside the graph.
>>
>> Maybe its not wrong, but misleading. I'm not really sure how to solve the
>> problem. I'd like to be able to print the current value in the GPRINT.
>> Suggestions?
>
> Uh... yes... read the rest of that same manual page?
>
> "(G)PRINT:vname:CF:format" is included. Really.

Yes. I saw that. However, its deprecated, so I was trying to avoid it.

> 2: use the new, VDEF generated mode:
>      VDEF:foo_avg=foo,AVERAGE
>      GPRINT:foo_avg:bar
>   this won't work in rrdtool 1.0 scripts but you can use foo_avg inside CDEFs

This is really what I wanted to do, when combined with Serge's suggestion
of using LAST for a CF. Somehow I forgot about this CF, and how it worked.
Sorry for the confusion I caused, thanks for the help, I got it straight
now.

--
Thomas J. Daly
tom at dyndns.com