[rrd-users] Re: rrdgraph issue

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Apr 9 23:15:38 MEST 2006

On Sun, Apr 09, 2006 at 10:06:01PM +0200, arussos at comune.modena.it wrote:
> the stats i want to collect ) obtaining values like:
> UCD-SNMP-MIB::extOutput.1 = STRING: 66088
> UCD-SNMP-MIB::extOutput.2 = STRING: 85299
> UCD-SNMP-MIB::extOutput.3 = STRING: 166

This tells nothing about the type of counter.  Not that it matters,
you have to show yourself, not us, how it works.

The documentation talks about different counter types and when to
use them.  My site also has some information, trying to explain it
in a different way.  If parts of it are too difficult to understand,
ask here what you didn't get.  Don't copy the document; tell in your
own words what's hard.  Or perhaps that isn't necessary after all,
perhaps the quarter drops and you see the light when you try again.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/