[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool:OO question

William Yardley rrd-users at veggiechinese.net
Thu Apr 27 08:14:04 MEST 2006

On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 03:47:44AM +0200, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 05:32:10PM -0700, William Yardley wrote:

> > I want something like:
> >
> > * Combined Ave: 14.53  * Max1: 11.52  * Max2: 12.30
> >                        * Ave1:  6.49  * Ave2:  8.04
> >
> > (with the value next to the legend item).
>
> > I've looked at some of the examples of fancy formatting in
> > rrdgraph_examples, but they're a little over my head, especially as they
> > relate to RRDTool::OO as an interface to RRDTool.

> I don't really know this module.  Perhaps it is shuffling items around
> as it seems fit, in that case you probably loose.  If it does not
> shuffle, you should keep the graph items in this order:

> AREA, GPRINT, LINE, GPRINT
>
> You now seem to have:  AREA, LINE, GPRINT, GPRINT

> First focus on getting the sequence of commands right.  Your goal:
>  * Combined Ave: 14.53  * Max1: 11.52  * Max2: 12.30 * Ave1:  6.49  * Ave2:  8.04

Right - I've tried shuffling around the order of the various statements
some - for example, putting the appropriate GPRINT after the
corresponding area / line statements. I have also tried even putting the
lines first (with no legend), and then creating bogus entries with only
a legend (but no line / area) right before each GPRINT statement. So
far, the order doesn't seem to affect things much (though the ordering
of the area does matter, so maybe I'm still doing something wrong). No
matter what I do, all the text seems to get placed after all of the
legend items.

I can monkey with it a little more... I was hoping someone here
might have used RRDTool::OO and might know if there's a way to do what I
want.