[rrd-users] Re: RRDTool:OO question

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Apr 27 14:52:23 MEST 2006

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 11:14:04PM -0700, William Yardley wrote:

> I can monkey with it a little more... I was hoping someone here
> might have used RRDTool::OO and might know if there's a way to do what I
> want.

I have done the install, tried for myself and enabled debugging.
rrdtool::00 is not producing what I ask it to do.

I asked:  a line, a vdef, a gprint, another line, another vdef, another gprint.
I got:    a line, a vdef, another line, another vdef, a gprint, another gprint.

I'd say it is the module, not you, doing things wrong.

See if you can get reasonable results by appending '\n' to the last
line or area command, and by appending spaces to all line and area
commands so they become the same size.  The result would be something like:

* var1    * var2    * var3
123.45M   234.56M   345.67M

Using COMMENT does not seem to help either.  It also is moved and ends
up between my LINE and GPRINT commands.

Perhaps you should consider forgetting about RRDTool::OO and start using
RRDs yourself.  You will have full control that way.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/