[rrd-users] How best to optimise an rrd

Rob Conway rjconway at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 17 01:42:47 MEST 2006

I am relatively new to rrd however at the moment trend 10 variables each in
different rrd's and my script file does 10 rrdupdates.  I understand if I
have 1 rrd file I can use one line in my script to update all 10 DS on the
basis they use the same timestamp, in my case current time (N)  rrdupdate
xxxx.rrd N: DS1 DS2 DS3 DS4 DS5...DS10

I have not really seen the capabilities of an rrd repository however is it
feasible to have 10 DS's in an rrd updated every 1 min, 5 min AVG (3 months)
1 hr AVG (1 years) daily AVG MIN MAX (2 years).  I run rrd on a small Xscale
266MHZ processor which is the linksys NSLU2

cheers from Australia   rob