[rrd-users] Multi threaded Perl scripts using RRDTool

Richard Burton richard at atomwide.com
Fri Aug 18 16:04:17 MEST 2006

Hi there

I have read past posts on the problems people have been having with
writing multi threaded Perl scripts with RRDTool.

I am trying to write one which uses rrdupdate and rrdcreate via the perl
bindings and the script crashes.

Would it be true to say that there is not way at present I am going to
get this working? Alternatively does anyone have any ideas as to what I
can do short of rewriting the whole thing in C.

The moral of this story is to check the status of libraries before you
spend time coding :-(

Kind Regards

Richard Burton