[rrd-users] Re: How can I get the accurate data from the graph by rrdtool?

Simon Hobson linux at thehobsons.co.uk
Tue Aug 29 09:08:48 MEST 2006

Chunjing Han wrote:

>'GPRINT:median:MAX:Max Ping RTT (%.1lf %ss max)',

Here you print your max value, lets see where it comes from :

>'DEF:median='.${rrd}.':median:AVERAGE',

So you are getting the AVERAGE values from the RRD and printing the
max of those. What you need to do is extract the MAX consolidation
into a separate variable and print that, eg :

'DEF:maxvalue='.${rrd}.':median:MAXIMUM',
'GPRINT:maxvalue:MAX:Max Ping RTT (%.1lf %ss max)',

Simon