[rrd-users] Building RRDTool on Windows

Mark Easton mark.easton at azurebell.co.nz
Wed Dec 6 04:30:03 MET 2006

Hi,

I am very very confused even after searching the mailing list archives. I
have downloaded rrdtool-1.2.15-win32-perl58.zip. But, when I open the Visual
Studio projects I find there are no source files. Where are they?

So, I downloaded rrdtool-1.2.15.tar.gz and uncompressed that then copied the
source files from their into the source director y of the Visual Studio
directory. But I still dont have the libart and libpng source code and so on
... it is getting confusing. What should I be doing?

I have also looked for instructions on how to build on windows and can't
find any.

I want to use RRDTool from Ruby. So, for that I need rrdlib. I cant find any
instruction on how to build that.

Help much appreciated.

Mark