[rrd-users] Re: Building RRDTool on Windows

Mark Easton mark.easton at azurebell.co.nz
Thu Dec 7 06:17:47 MET 2006

Oh I give up - I cannot work out how to get ruby using rrdtool on windows,
which is a shame. I have tried everything I can think of and now I am
further away from getting it working than when I started.
Yep I am frustrated!

Is there no doco or email somewhere for using this on windows? Does everyone
use linux?

And to be clear it is very easy for me to download the rrdtool binary dist
for windows and get that working. But, that is not what I want. I need to
get rrdruby working, but there are no instructions anywhere for that. It
just says to install rrdtool first which I have done (the binary
distribution). Then I install the gem, but that comes back with an Error and
NO logging - so that does not help me. So then I manged to find librrd.a,
but I dont know what to do with that.

Mark