[rrd-users] Value of emails per minute or per 5 minutes

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Fri Dec 15 12:49:42 MET 2006

Hi,
I have a script that return the current count of received emails.

My rrd looks like this:
  rrdtool create mimedefang.rrd                 \
            DS:ok:DERIVE:600:0:U    \
            DS:spam:DERIVE:600:0:U     \
            DS:virus:DERIVE:600:0:U     \
            DS:dnsbl:DERIVE:600:0:U    \
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:600\
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:6:700\
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:24:775\
            RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:288:797\
            RRA:MAX:0.5:1:600\
            RRA:MAX:0.5:6:700\
            RRA:MAX:0.5:24:775\
            RRA:MAX:0.5:288:797

Since I have too few volumen of emails per seconds, I would like
to graph instead of emails/s, the value of emails/min (emails per minute)

Or also emails per 5 minutes.

I collect the statistics once every 5minutes.

How should I configure the rrdgraph in order to get it working?
Currently I use this commands:
            DEF:a=mimedefang.rrd:ok:AVERAGE \
            DEF:b=mimedefang.rrd:spam:AVERAGE \
            DEF:c=mimedefang.rrd:virus:AVERAGE \
            DEF:d=mimedefang.rrd:dnsbl:AVERAGE \
            CDEF:e=a,b,c,d,+,+,+ \
and I have 4 graph just by changing the --start parameter.

Many thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.   | Get my e-mail after a captcha in:
Asuncion - Paraguay | http://tinymailto.com/oliver