[rrd-users] how to keep one value per day, with Nan for missing days

Melissa Hao melissahao at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 02:07:55 MET 2006

Hi,
I would like to create an rrd database with valkes for almost every day.  For example, I would like to have value for 2/3, 2/4, not 2/5, and 2/6.  For skipped days, such as 2/5, I would like Nan to show up in the database/graph.

Previously I had my heartbeat set to 604800 (7 days).  If 2/5 was skipped, the data for 2/6 would be copied over to 2/5.  I don't want that -- I want 2/5 to stay Nan.

Then I changed the heartbeat to 86400 (1 day).  If 2/5 was skipped, after an rrdtool update 2/6 would be Nan in the rrd file, even though I passed in a valid value into rrdtool update.  2/7's value would be stored correctly, but 2/6 value would be lost.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
Melissa