[rrd-users] Data Change Script available ?

Ralf Kruedewagen ralf-buero at kruedewagen.de
Tue Feb 7 08:25:13 MET 2006

Hi RRDTool community,

I am wondering if anybody has already written a script that can be
used to update past data within a RRDTool database. I want to change
data that has already written to the DB.

My idea:
1) Dump RRD database to XML file ("rrdtool dump")
2) Edit XML File (change past data)
3) Restore RRD database from XML file ("rrdtool restore")

Nice would be, if the script could be used on a webserver. That would
mean that I need for step 2 some input fields like

- Choose RRD database
- Choose timestamp(start and end)
- Choose DS to be replaced
- Choose value to replace

Best would be if RRDTool would support something like "rrdtool change
filename timestamp:value1:" ;-)

Best Regards
Ralf