[rrd-users] Re: Data Change Script available ?

Fabien Wernli wernli at in2p3.fr
Tue Feb 7 13:58:39 MET 2006

On Tue, Feb 07, 2006 at 08:25:13AM +0100, Ralf Kruedewagen wrote:
> 1) Dump RRD database to XML file ("rrdtool dump")
> 2) Edit XML File (change past data)
> 3) Restore RRD database from XML file ("rrdtool restore")

I for one have used xmlstarlet in combination with grep for step 2,
which you could call from a cgi.  However, xmlstarlet is very slow,
especially for edit commands, where it loads the whole XML tree into
memory. Therefore if you just want to update a value, you'd rather write
your own perl script to do it.