[rrd-users] K Byte notation when using "-b 1024"

Siftah (sent by Nabble.com) lists at nabble.com
Tue Feb 7 15:59:15 MET 2006

Hello,
I'm one of those strange people who prefer to measure their bandwidth utilisation using KiloBytes rather than kbits. My traffic monitoring script grabs a value from iptables in Bytes and my rrdtool graphs are generated with a base of 1024 ("-b 1024"), however, when using %s rrdtool always uses a lower case 'k' to denote kilo, whereas I'd expect it to use K to show the base at 1024.

Is there another way round this? Googling for other peoples examples has so far drawn a blank. Example graph is at: http://www.johnbax.com/traffic.png

Thanks in advance!
John Baxendale