[rrd-users] Compiling rrdtool under Fedora Core 5 Test 3

Nick Sharp njsharp at bigpond.net.au
Thu Feb 23 09:27:17 MET 2006

Compiling rrdtool under Fedora Core 5 Test 3

I have up till now faithfully followed the instructions on the web site about collecting and
compiling the four 3rd party components and then compiling rrdtool itself.

As you have seen, I have encountered problems with calling rrdtool graph while using mod_perl.

It occurs to me that it is very likely that most or all of the 3rd party items such as zlib are
present in Fedora Core 5 test 3, and might be very recent versions that are needed under that OS.

I am wondering if anyone has therefore been able to compile rrdtool under any release of FC5 (or
even FC4) by pulling in the four 3rd party components from the OS as loaded.  If so, I would be very
grateful for instructions from a more experienced penguin!

Regards and thanks

Nick Sharp