[rrd-users] Re: differing disk i/o behavior for rrd update

Christian Smyth clsmyth at fuzzy-elves.org
Tue Feb 28 17:13:48 MET 2006

> I do unfortunately not have much gprof experiance myself ...

Tobi,

No problemo.  I will have a look and see what I can do.

However, can you please indicate to me what you are looking for in the
gprof output?  Are you looking for oldbox's rrdtool to be not using
mmap(), while newbox's is?  Or something else?  If you give me a general
idea of what particular needle I am hunting for, I can possibly process
this haystack a bit more quickly :-)

-cls