[rrd-users] rrdtool.spec file in src

Lancashire, Pete plancashire at ci.portland.or.us
Tue Feb 28 19:03:53 MET 2006

I'm trying to build an rpm from the rrdtool.spec file
that is included in the source tar.

Host is fedora fc5 on x86 updated to latest as of today.

I creeated the cgilib rpm that is required and installed
it with out issues.

When I do an rpmbuild i get an error that librrd.la

libtool: link: cannot find the library `librrd.la'

I can sent the whole output from the build

also i get different warning messages between doing
the rpmbuild and doing a ./configure & make on the
source tar.

for example the rpmbuild issuses warnings like
rrd_create.c:562: warning: ignoring return value of 'fwrite', declared with
attribute warn_unused_result

and doing a make gives no warnings for rrd_create.c

-pete