[rrd-users] Re: Inserting different data for the same timestamp

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Jul 2 17:11:30 MEST 2006

On Sun, Jul 02, 2006 at 03:12:16PM +0200, Bronislav Klucka wrote:

> I'd like to ask if I can insert into rrd database file data for
> timestamp that already exists (has been inserted)

No, you cannot.  And understand that if you update for next friday,
you will automatically update every timestamp between now and then.

Nothing stops you from making a copy of the database, modifying that
copy and extract pictures from it.  This will make it possible to
do some rudimentary "what if" analysis.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/