[rrd-users] Adding a new RRA to an existing RRD file (for Aberrant Behavior Detection)

Praveen P pra_ve_en at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 16:26:11 MEST 2006

Hi,

I am trying to add the Aberrant Behavior Detection
capability to my existing rrd files. What is the
correct approach to add the HWPREDICT RRA into an
existing rrd file ?

How do we detect failures (or more precisly, when a
parameter being monitored is 'too deviant')? I saw
graphing options to display the failures. However if I
want to detect the failure for further processing,
should it be done with updating the rrd file with the
'rrdtool updatev' command and then checking if the
FAILURES RRA had an entry marked '1' or is there a
different approach to do that ?

Thanks in advance,
Praveen.