[rrd-users] Simple RRDtool graph

Guyon Morée guyon.moree at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 11:36:15 MEST 2006

Hi all,

I'm having trouble getting my head around RRDtool and all the
examples/tutorials I find try to do something else that I'm trying to
do.

It's quite simple:

i have a bunch of time:value data points like this:

1153912440:31
1153912447:30
1153912452:26
1153912460:28

I want to put those in an RRD file, there could be some more
datapoints added later but not much.

In my graph i want to see a horizontal timeline from the first
timestamp till the last and vertically i want to see my value plotted
on the related timestamp.

I dont want to see a value for the timepoints in between and i dont
want any averaging.

Any ideas on how to do this? I tried many things but I just don't
'get' the parameters RRDtool is requiring of me.

Regards,

--
Guyon Morée
guyon.moree at gmail.com