[rrd-users] Re: problems summing many sources together

MrPaul mrpaular at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 22:04:20 MEST 2006

On 6/7/06, Georges Toth <georges at norm.lu> wrote:
> Also, is there no more efficient solution for doing this ?
>

> Thnx
>
> --
>
> regards,
> Georges Toth

I'm getting the average of 5137 interfaces using routers2.cgi.  The
only requirement was to add the following like to the MRTG config
file(s) to create a user defined ("Averages") graph.

routers.cgi*Graph[ifName_1]: Averages average
routers.cgi*Graph[ifName_2]: Averages average

This seems alot cleaner to me than doing all the CDEFs.  This will not
work, of course, if you don't use routers2.cgi for your graph
creation.

Paul