[rrd-users] Re: longtime trends

Gerd Mueller gmueller at netways.de
Wed Jun 14 15:41:21 MEST 2006

Am Mittwoch, den 14.06.2006, 15:32 +0200 schrieb Alex van den Bogaerdt:
> > We want to graph the sum of used traffic for the last 30 days.

Hi Alex,

the goal is as I already wrote that we want to graph the sum of used traffic for the last 30 days (better would be per month).
We want to take that our used traffic do not reach a special amount because we are priced on used traffic per month (no flat). So I want to draw a simple graph which does it for me. Because its money we need it from the beginning.
Right now I am storing the snmpcounters for the interfaces inside the rrdfile. That is my only source of the data.

Trend seemed to me to be the simplest solution but it isn't :-(

Thank you for your suggestion to use CDEF:result=data,{n times 86400},TREND  But since we must use this definition for a lot of branch offices I really need some sort auf automation  and do not want to change the definitions manually.

Cheers,

Gerd