[rrd-users] Re: complex CDEF questions

Tobias Oetiker oetiker at ee.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 14 19:15:24 MEST 2006

Hi Richard,

set the minimal required heartbeat to 3 times step size, and then
if you encounter an impossible value, do NOT log instead of logging
UNKNOWN.

cheers
tobi

Today Richard Marshall wrote:

> hello,
>
> I am hoping someone can help me with a complex CDEF.
>
> I'm getting large peaks in my graphs due to massive rates of change in the
> data that is (incorrect and) very difficult to work around.
>
> I am currently using the work around for know bad data suggested in the
> tutorial where if the rate is above a certain value then I set the data to
> 'unknown'. however this leaves gaps in the graph and is not really what I
> want.
>
> What I would like to do is:
> If the current rate of change is substantially greater than the previous
> value (e.g. 100+ times greater) then plot an average of the last rate and
> the next rate of change. So that i would end up with a graph that is without
> gaps.
>
> Can anyone suggest how i can do this?
>
> Thanks
>
> Richard
>
> P.s. it appears  the hotmail servers have difficulty in delivering to this
> list. 4/5 i get a non deliverable.
>

> --

ETH Zurich
Tobias Oetiker, IT Support Group D-ITET (ISG.EE)
ETL F24.2, Physikstrasse 3, 8092 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone +41 44 63 25286,  http://people.ee.ethz.ch/oetiker/