[rrd-users] New to rrd

Albright, Terry Terry.Albright at patheon.com
Thu Jun 15 15:03:50 MEST 2006

I am new to rrd and rrdtools.

I created a series of rrd files for my network switches and was
successful in creating reports.  I have been extremely pleased with the
results.  I have profited greatly from the rrdtools user list.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of bragging about the reports.  Now I
have been asked to add more information to the reports.

I was gathering errors at the port level and printing only those ports
with more than 1 error in a 24 hour period.  Now I need to increase the
rrd definitions to also hold input bytes and output bytes.

My question is;

  How do I add 2 more DS entries to existing rrds and,

 how do I remove one I do not need anymore?

Thanks!

Terry,