[rrd-users] Re: Adjusting Y-Axis for integers

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Thu Jun 15 22:56:13 MEST 2006

On Thu, Jun 15, 2006 at 10:10:40PM +0200, Henrik Goldman wrote:

> My source is integers but when I enter data into the tables and create a
> graph I get doubles with 1 decimal point.

What is the average of 1 and 2 ?  1.5, correct.  You start with
integers but end up with something not integer.

> Is it possible to force rrdtool to stick with integers? As you can see I'm
> defining the range from 0 to 9999 intergers so values on the y-axis like 1.8
> does not make any sense.

No, your assumption does not make sense.  Sorry, that's just the way
it is.  1.8 is just the average of {0,0,0,0,9} and many other
possibilities.

If you want to store numbers and get them out again, you should have a
look at mysql, psql, or similar.
--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/