[rrd-users] Re: Howto to change perl lib/header in configure?

D. Walsh info at daleenterprise.com
Mon Mar 6 09:58:36 MET 2006

On Mar 5, 2006, at 09:54 , Dio Brando wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. Perl bin path is /usr/local/perl-5.8.8/bin.
>
> Dio.
>
> D. Walsh ha scritto:
>>
>> On Mar 4, 2006, at 08:50 , Dio Brando wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>     I need to change perl path to /usr/local/perl/... to compile
>>> rrd-tool
>>> with another perl version that isn't the same installed in the
>>> sistem
>>> (/usr/bin/perl). How I do it? Thanks.
>>

>> PEICE OF CAKE....
>>
>> Before commenting on exact command, I need to know the path for the
>> perl binary that is associated with the library in question.

export the path to this version of perl is a simple method that
should work for you.

You should be able to use the following:

PATH=/usr/local/perl-5.8.8/bin:$PATH; export PATH; # adjust the paths

which perl; # this should point to the version of perl you are
requesting

it should now report the found perl to be your new version and you
can issue your configure command.

>>> Regards,
>>> Dio.
>>

>> -- Dale