[rrd-users] Re: System clock changes

mkerley at sonicwall.com mkerley at sonicwall.com
Wed Mar 8 01:30:37 MET 2006

-----Original Message-----
From: rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch
[mailto:rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] On Behalf Of Alex van den
Bogaerdt
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2006 3:29 PM
To: rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Subject: [rrd-users] Re: System clock changes

On Tue, Mar 07, 2006 at 11:28:21AM -0800, mkerley at sonicwall.com wrote:

>> Is there any way to make rrdtool adjust its data in the event of a
>> system clock change?  If not, is it possible to have the times be
based

> That isn't needed.  Times in rrdtool are NOT based on local time
> but rather on universal coordinated time (UTC).  No matter where
> you live, it is currently 23:28:50 UTC

The case I'm trying to deal with is a system where users have the option
to disable NTP synchronization, and the system monitoring has problems
if they happen to set the clock backward.  It's unfortunately a little
bit more complicated than just using NTP or UTC.  Admittedly, this is a
rare occasion, but we're trying to cover all possibilities.

Thanks
Michael