[rrd-users] Re: rrdtool on Fedora Core 5 final release: info+question

Nick Sharp njsharp at bigpond.net.au
Thu Mar 23 08:30:43 MET 2006

Thanks for the various thoughts Dale, Chris, Peter.

I'm still working through yours Dale - they will take this Linux newbie some time!  Good to know the
tarball trick should be ok for now.

Peter: Dag's package name made me nervous:
http://dag.wieers.com/packages/rrdtool/rrdtool-1.2.12-1.1.fc3.test.i386.rpm
OK, so it's the latest rrdtool, but why is it associated at least in name with fc3 test?
I want it on fc5 final release...hmmm?

Chris:"yum install rrdtool": sadly that offers rrdtool 1.0.49 - isn't that pretty old?

I think I might, for other needs as well, take up Peter's idea and learn to roll my own RPMs.  Till
I succeed, the tarball works for now.

Regards and thanks

Nick Sharp