[rrd-users] AW: Re: Different Values for die same Time when I compare month and year

Baumann, Christoph CHRISTOPH.BAUMANN at T-SYSTEMS.CH
Wed Mar 29 21:14:59 MEST 2006

Hi Alex

Is there a possibility to turn this consolidation (because of the image width) off? And how?

Christoph

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch [mailto:rrd-users-bounce at list.ee.ethz.ch] Im Auftrag von Alex van den Bogaerdt
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 29. März 2006 14:50
An: Baumann, Christoph
Cc: rrd-users at list.ee.ethz.ch
Betreff: [rrd-users] Re: Different Values for die same Time when I compare month and year

On Wed, Mar 29, 2006 at 12:20:07PM +0200, Baumann, Christoph wrote:

The body says "quoted-printable" but the headers say

This is probably why I am seeing all those <equal><20> where you
want me to see a space ?

Either the list or your mail client did something wrong here.

> For calculating the load I collect the values with a shellscript, and
> put them together. I take always the CF MAX, because I need the max
> Value of a time. If you compare the 2 attached Pictures you see, that
> the biggest Value in the 3-Month-Graph is 55k, at the Year-Graph it is
> over 60k !!!=20

If one RRA contains these 5-minute maxima (two sets)

ds0:  1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3
ds1:  5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 0

these are consolidated into the following 15-minutes maxima:

ds0:    3     6     3     6     3
ds1:    5     2     3     4     1

When I try your adding: CDEF:G=3Da,c,h,j,l,n,p,r,t,v,x,+,+,+,+,+,+,+,+,+,+ \

I get:

ds0:  1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3
ds0:  5 4 3 2 1 0 1 2 3 4 3 2 1 0 0

sum:  6 6 6 6 6 6 2 4 6 8 8 8 2 2 3    <-- maximum 8

ds0:    3     6     3     6     3
ds1:    5     2     3     4     1

sum:    8     8     6    10     4      <-- maximum 10

Maybe you don't have this exact setup and maybe you don't even have
more than one RRA for each of (MIN,AVERAGE,MAX).  Still, rrdtool may
need to do consolidation because of the image width.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/