[rrd-users] delay in rrd updates

Ann Gentile gentile at dancer.ca.sandia.gov
Wed Mar 29 22:15:57 MEST 2006

Hi,

Is there some documentation on the mechanisms resulting
in delay between data sending to the rrd and data
appearing in the rrd? I want to be able to calculate
an upper bound that I should wait before declaring
a data point(s) missing in the rrd. I know if a subsequent
point appears, that I can consider the previous point(s)
missing, however if multiple subsequent ones have
time<->nan pairs I do not know if a point's data
won't ever come in or if it just hasn't been updated
by the rrd yet.

Thanks,
Ann