[rrd-users] Labeling graph values.

Lemmermann, Jan Jan.Lemmermann at t-com.net
Tue May 9 07:54:13 MEST 2006

Hi Folks,
I have a question about labeling graph values. I guess most people use
something like

LINE2:MyVariable#{ORANGE}:My Label\n

to create a description for a variable in the graph. I try to create a graph for
disk usage on server machines using the file systems table from the rfc2790 via SNMP.
It contains a storage description (octet string) that I like to use to label the values in the graph.

The reason for that are varieties in the table between the operating systems.
For example on a Windows 2003 Server the table can look like this:

Index - Description - MB Size - MB Used
1 - A:\ - 0 - 0
2 - C:\ - 24450 - 3880
3 - D:\ - 138709 - 11546

and on a solaris box it can look like this:

Index - Description - MB Size - MB Used
3 - / - 24680 - 1750
11 - /home - 5658 - 1291
26 - /export/home - 23995 - 3853

So.. any ideas how to use the octet-string value dynamically to label the values in the RRD graph?

Thanks and regards
Jan

Deutsche Telekom AG
T-Com, Technische Infrastruktur Niederlassung überregional/
T-Com, Technical Infrastructure Branch Office for Nationwide Tasks
Jan Lemmermann
SCe, Support-Center
Neuenstraße 76-80, D-28195 Bremen
+49 421 300-8106 (Tel.)