[rrd-users] Re: Getting the timestamp corresponding to MAX value

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Fri May 12 11:16:30 MEST 2006

On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:59:27AM +0200, Fabien Wernli wrote:
> On Fri, May 12, 2006 at 10:55:20AM +0200, Alex van den Bogaerdt wrote:
> > stalled.  Perhaps it's time to pick it up again.  There does however
> > not seem to be much demand for it, eventhough it seemed a good idea.
>
> I think it's a great idea.
> I mean it's very valuable information to have the time when a critical value
> has been reached.

There are limitations:

If there are two equal peaks, is the first one more critical than
the last? This choice is quite arbitrary.

Or is the 99.999% peak less important than the 99.9991% peak? For
a computer this is a significant difference.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/