[rrd-users] Re: GPRINT the difference between Max and Min

John Barber johnebarber at gmail.com
Mon May 22 21:51:20 MEST 2006

Thanks for the feedback Alex,
I did get it to work, I think anyway, I need to wait a while to see the
results, but so far it seems to work.

I did it using option 1but adding another VDEF by setting it to equal the
CDEF.

-- option 1
CDEF:totaldev1=item0,POP,totalmax,totalmin,-    --a CDEF has to have at
least 1 DEF or CDEF so I added 1 and used  POP to get rid of it
*VDEF:totaldev2=totaldev1,MAXIMUM
*LINE2:total#FF0000
GPRINT:totaldev:%6.2lf%s\c>                            --can't GPRINT a CDEF

Not sure if that's the best way to do it, but it seems to have worked.