[rrd-users] restore not working?

Alex Prinsier aphex at aphexer.dyndns.org
Tue May 23 10:47:14 MEST 2006

Hello,

I forgot to set the maximum of a datasource, so i set it, then I
exported the data with:

rrdtool xport DEF:out=42.rrd:amount:AVERAGE XPORT:out:"amount of bytes"
> test.xml

and then I try to import it again:
rrdtool restore -r test.xml test.rrd

I also tried:
rrdtool restore -r test.xml 42.rrd (putting it back in the original file)

But I get this error: ERROR: Incompatible file version, detected version
. This is not supported by the version 0003 restore tool.

I'm using version RRDtool 1.2.13 (the development snapshot). The
rrdfiles were originally created by 1.2.11, but doing the same thing
with the older version didn't work either (with another error though),
so that's why i updated to the development snapshot.

Anyone knows what's wrong?

Alex