[rrd-users] TCP Ping

Almeida, Washington Umpierres de Washington at angloamerican.com.br
Fri May 26 16:42:29 MEST 2006

Hello RRDtool users,

I use SNM as RRDtool front-end, which has a TCP ping perl module which
can be used to ping ports used by services.

In our environment there are two clustered Windows servers which I would
like to monitor the cluster service. However, after setting cluster
service up with its port number I realised lots of alerts as following:

1148652407|GetQuery  |Response to module "Tcp_Ping_Cluster" in template
"Tcp_Ping_Cluster" for target " CLTSRV011" is non numeric: 0

The section I have created for this host in TARGETS.XML is described
below:

<target id="CLTSRV011" ip_address="192.168.114.11"
community="mpls8480eth">

    <template id="Tcp_Ping_Cluster"   module="Tcpping::query(
'%ip_address%', '3343' )"  data_source_type="GAUGE" />

</target>

Have someone experienced something like that when using SICM or SNM as
front-end?

Thanks in advance,

Washington Almeida