[rrd-users] Re: Numbers

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Wed May 31 10:56:59 MEST 2006

On Tue, May 30, 2006 at 04:16:58PM -0400, Joe Loiacono wrote:

> I'm using RRDTool to collect and graph filtered Netflow data. I have set
> it up with 4 MRTG-like RRAs, and I produce new graphs every 5 minutes. I
> have VDEFs for MAX, MIN, AVG, 95th PCT. These print out for each of the
> four graphs nicely, with the exeception that on the final graph (the one
> that shows 24 hour averages per day) the units (Mbits/second) are in
> Bits/second and are very large and hard to read. I notice the 95th PCT is
> NAN.
> Has anyone seen this effect before?

Can't say I have.

Things to verify and experiment with:

-1- are you sure that other graph is using the same graph script. Don't
guess but really look
-2- what if you look for the 50th percentile; or any other number so that
the outcome is not NaN.  Does that influence the unit as well?
-3- try using %s in the 2nd GPRINT statement

please let me know how things work out.

--
Alex van den Bogaerdt
http://www.vandenbogaerdt.nl/rrdtool/