[rrd-users] Re: anti-aliasing rrdtool 1.2 seemingly not working

Emmett Keyser Emmett.Keyser at sf.tribalddb.com
Tue Nov 14 21:32:35 MET 2006

I apologize in advance: this doesn't need to be read. I just want this
message to get archived in the list in case anyone else had this same
issue. I noticed a few posting similar to mine and wanted to let anyone
looking for solutions to know how I solved this problem.

I looked through the cacti source code and found an rrdgraph option of
"--slope-mode". This is the key feature to enable graph smoothing. There
isn't any mention of anti-aliasing in the documentation where it talks
about --slope-mode so now I'm wondering if I know what anti-aliasing is
: ) Oh well. I hope this eventually helps someone out.

Thanks and sorry if anyone considers this excessive posting. Hopefully
this will reduce the amount of future posts.

Emmett