[rrd-users] Re: Data differ from RRA to RRA - normal?

Inno inno.vation at gmx.net
Thu Oct 12 22:06:14 MEST 2006

Hi Tobias,

# Tobias Oetiker schrieb:
> last will return the last value entered into an rra since the rras
> have different resolution the data is bound to be different ...
Even different resolutions should return equal values for the same time
range,  or shouldn't they?
In this case I measured the data for a whole day, but as I wrote in the
other post I had some missing steps. That means the rra with the highest
resolution (pdp_per_row = 1) got some n.a.-values. On the other hand the
rra's with the lowest resolution (pdp_per_row = 24/288) had no data with
n.a.. As long as I have the cf = "AVERAGE" for all rra's, what would be
algorithm to compute the average for the different rra (with the low and
the high resolution)?

Thank You so far

Heiko