[rrd-users] Re: Manipulating and Graphing Data

Tony Varriale tvarriale at comcast.net
Tue Oct 31 22:10:41 MET 2006

Ok...well...DERIVE doesn't give me accurate numbers.  Not even close.  That
is why I am trying to ask the community for a solution to the problem.

> GAUGE is _not_ a value, it is a rate.  And it is subject to
> any normalization and consolidation like any other rate.

Well...I'm really confused.  Here is what it's states from the beginner's
guide:

"GAUGE does not save the rate of change. It saves the actual value itself. "
 Values       = 300, 600, 900, 1200
 Step         = 300 seconds
 COUNTER DS   =    1,  1,   1,    1
 DERIVE DS    =    1,  1,   1,    1
 ABSOLUTE DS  =    1,  2,   3,    4
 GAUGE DS     = 300, 600, 900, 1200Could you clarify this?  So, has anyone
out there come up with a solution for this type of monitoring that could
provide me some clues?  Thanks!tv----- Original Message -----