[rrd-users] Re: adding holt-winters forecasting to existing databases

Kiss Gabor [Bitman] kissg at ssg.ki.iif.hu
Sat Sep 9 17:37:22 MEST 2006

> I have about 100 rrd's that I'd like to modify and add Holt-Winters forecasting to.
> Being that I have a 12 months worth of data in each of them, I'm reluctant to blow them away and start again.
> I'd like to modify the existing databases to include
>
> RRA:HWPREDICT:rows:alpha:beta:seasonal period[:rra-num]
> RRA:SEASONAL:seasonal period:gamma:rra-num
> RRA:DEVSEASONAL:seasonal period:gamma:rra-num
> RRA:DEVPREDICT:rows:rra-num
> RRA:FAILURES:rows:threshold:window length:rra-num
>
> Does anyone have a script or procedure / set of instructions to add these to existing rrd's?

This is what you need:
#!@PERL@
#  rrd_hwreapply - a script for re-applying Holt-Winters algorithm
#                     with tuned parameters
#
#  Copyright (C) 2002 Cablecom GmbH
#  Author: Stanislav Sinyagin <ssinyagin at yahoo.com>
# $Id: rrd_hwreapply.in,v 1.2 2004/05/16 14:03:58 ssinyagin Exp $

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/rrfw/rrdman/perlbin/rrd_hwreapply.in?rev=1.2

Gabor