[rrd-users] Re: Stacked area's limit

Steven Hartland killing at multiplay.co.uk
Mon Sep 25 10:48:17 MEST 2006

Tobias Oetiker wrote:
> Today Steven Hartland wrote:
>
>> Is there a stacked area's limit? I've got a graph with a
>> large number of sources ~200 and my code which works just
>> fine for smaller numbers starts to go all weird on me
>> with this number of sources / stacks.
>
> Hi Steve,
>
> there is no arbitrary limit ...

Thanks for that. Any ideas why then; if I graph just the
negative values they display fine, same with the positives
but when I graph both together I only get the positives
the y axis starts at 0. If I reduce the number of included
sources it displays both positive and negative just fine
as well.

Next up is why PERCENT doesnt seem to work on this high
number of data sets either always returning na where all
other methods seem to work just fine e.g. AVERAGE, MAXIMUM,
LAST and TOTAL. Again if the number of sets is reduced
PERCENT works again.

I'm baffled by it hence I assumed there was some sort of
limit but by looking through the code couldnt see any.

If it makes any difference this is using the perl
interface.

Any help / ideas appreciated.

    Steve