[rrd-users] Unable to specify which version of RRDs perl module to use

David Ball davidtball at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 00:01:15 CEST 2007

Hey there.  I have an existing installation of RRDTool using ver
1.0.something, and am still using that in production.
   I have also installed 1.2.19 in a different location.  The RRDs
perl module of the new version isn't in the main site-perl location,
so in the scripts I'm developing with the new rrdtool, I'm using:

use lib ''/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/perl';
use RRDs;

   in hopes of being able to use the new RRDs module.  Any calls to
rrdtool binary in the new script also go to the new version of rrdtool
(basically trying to use nothing but the NEW versions).
  Unfortunately, I'm using the RRDs module to do a 'fetch', but it's
failing, saying:

can't handle RRD file version 0003

  which almost certainly indicates that the script is using the OLD
RRDs perl module.  I confirmed that the script IS updating its @INC
array, as I see the new paths on the front of the array during a
print.  The path:
/usr/local/rrdtool-1.2.19/lib/perl/5.6.1/i386-linux
  appears in it, and that's where RRDs.pm is located.

   Anyone see something I may be missing?  Thanks in advance for any advice.

David