[rrd-users] Problem fetching/graphing MAX values of integers giving floating values

Julien EBALLARD ouato at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 20 15:00:29 CEST 2007

I'm currently having a problem while fetching And graphing a set of values.

I'm updating the .rrd file ONLY with values 0 and 1, every 60 seconds.

My RRD step is 60.

My RRD file caracteristics are :

DS:inuse:GAUGE:1800:0:10000

RRA:MAX:0.5:1:604800
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:1:604800

RRA:MAX:0.5:60:525600
RRA:AVERAGE:0.5:60:525600

Now when I graph the MAX values, or when I fetch them,

Some values are 0 and 1, and some are between... like '8.1666666667e-01'

Maybe I misunderstood something but I thought that MAX CF would keep the Maximum value in intervals...

(I also think this question have been asked thousand times... but I did'nt found my answer on the mailing list site...)

Can somebody help ?