[rrd-users] Sar data

Mark Seger Mark.Seger at hp.com
Wed Aug 8 21:26:09 CEST 2007

>I downloaded collectl, but haven't had a chance to dig into it yet - there
>was no tarball (only rpm) on the web site, and I didn't have an rpm decoder
>handy for my Mac (there is one on sourceforge). Maybe this could be combined
>with collectd.

collectl runs locally on each linux box you want to monitor so a MAC
wouldn't do you any good.  my philosophy is to collect data locally and
not over the network.  I have seen too many times when there were were
network issues and you needed accurate data the most and having to rely
on the network to report the data would result in data loss.
-mark