[rrd-users] ERROR: Garbage ':27:36 2007 ' after command:COMMENT:Thu Aug 9 16:27:36 2007

England, Stuart Stuart.England at orr.gsi.gov.uk
Thu Aug 9 19:51:05 CEST 2007

Thanks; your suggestion about google'ing for "LLARRD COMMENT" helped me
find the fix to this issue

RRDTool 1.2 requires colons to be escaped within graph comments

Edit larrd-grapher.cgi and look for the following lines (around line
1500 or

thereabouts):

    RRDs::graph($RRD_graph,"-s",$graph_c{$service}{$graph}{'start_sec'},

        "--title",$graph_c{$service}{$graph}{'title'},"-w576",

        "-v",$graph_c{$service}{'yaxis'},"-a","PNG","--lazy",

        &defs($host,$service,$graph,$disk_part),

        qq{COMMENT:$date\r});

Note the last line above, ie "qq{COMMENT:$date\r});"

It's quite likely that your date variable will contain colons -
therefore

they must be escaped.

A quick and dirty way to take care of this is to insert the following
line

just BEFORE the above code.

 $date =~ s/:/\\:/g;