[rrd-users] Scaling rrd tables for best performance

Boer, Martin martin.boer at atosorigin.com
Thu Dec 6 12:19:26 CET 2007

Alex,

In my current Perl code I open an RRDp connection.
To me it seams both remote control and RRDp do roughly the same.
Would you recommend using the remote control option over RRDp or won't that matter ?
Performance is something I worry about as I have about 20.000 rrdfiles which all need to be updated every 5 minutes so performance is an issue and my endusers would like to see larger RRA's which would in effect triple the amount of data.

Regards,
Martin