[rrd-users] CF's ?

Alex van den Bogaerdt alex at ergens.op.het.net
Sun Dec 16 19:40:33 CET 2007

On Sat, Dec 15, 2007 at 08:33:21PM -0500, Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET wrote:

> 	There has to be a reason there are different CF's. If
> they all return the same thing then there is no use. I put the
> numbers into the RRD as a GUAGE, I'm looking just to get the
> same thing out. Does that mean LAST then?

If you are looking for a plain old database and a graphing program, then
you need to look elsewhere. RRDtool is not that.

RRDtool is *not* a database with numbers you store and fetch again.

I (or others) could tell you how to emulate one, but that would only
work until you encounter the next feature of rrdtool which you consider
to be a problem.

You have a completely wrong picture of how RRDtool works.
Forget all you think you know, and then read the documentation
with a clear mind.

If you need examples, please use the tutorials. They're there for
exactly this reason.

Alex